Monday, January 12, 2009

And our 'brother' speaks...

To Whom It May Concern:

It’s taken me awhile to decide what I should put here. I only came across this blog a few weeks ago, and it’s been really hard for me to get through all of my Brother’s posts. I’ve heard most of them before, but it was still painful to hear them again. I knew that Jake was hurting, but I had no idea how deep that hurt lived.

My Brother took his own life back in September. The email he sent me explained his reasons, and while I want to disagree with all of them the only thing I really can do is hope and pray that Jake finally found some peace. If anyone deserved it, Jake did.

He’s with his friends now, which is exactly where he’s always wanted to be.

This blog will obviously not be updated any longer. I considered copying entries from his journal onto here as a way to preserve his memory and the sacrifices he made, but I think it’d be just way too hard on me.

As to the people who read this blog, on behalf of my family and myself, thank you for the kind words you gave to Jake.

Jake's life was summed up perfectly by one of his friend during his funeral. "Jake was the Infidel that neither bullets nor bombs could kill. The only person strong enough and capable enough of taking Jake's life was Jake himself".

Rest easy Brother.

Take Care,xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. "Jake was the Infidel that neither bullets nor bombs could kill. The only person strong enough and capable enough of taking Jake's life was Jake himself".

    Yeah someone would totally say that at a funeral. He sounds like a uneducated, mentally ill, trailer park version of Tom Clancy.

    ReplyDelete