Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Welcome to the opios!

Read a few things today on opio that made me wonder why I'm even trying to make them aware of Ron/Jake. I'm not Ron/Jake. I'm not a loser.

I know Ron personally, even though we've not spoken in four or five years (although recently, we did 'talk' on a forum, but I didn't know it was him). He was a loser then, and he's not made much progress since.

Anyone who read this blog (before I took it over) knows that our writing styles aren't anything alike. I don't have to fabricate stories about my life or what I've done to bolster my ego, impress others or even make them like me.

I have a family. I have a career. I have a life. I have friends and relatives in the military, both past and present. I have things I'm wondering if Ron was even born with...like a sense of right and wrong. Well, my sense of 'right' compells me to act on this, to keep him from hurting others, and scamming them of their emotions, money, or God only knows what else.

But because I have a family, a career and a life, I have to do it this way. I can't risk those things to expose Ron, especially when those people might not ever even believe me.

So, I've put it out there, but there is more to come. Believe it if you chose to; ignore it to your own detriment for all I care. You don't ever have to come back to this blog...another choice you can make.

But I know I've done the right thing and I'll sleep better at night for it. And that's good enough for me.

Again, have a good day.

11 comments:

  1. I see what you are talking about. I went and read the posts at Opiophiles and the funny thing is that whoever made the comment that you and Jake are the same person didn't compare writing styles. Heck I am closer to his style than you are.

    Oh well, you did your good deed, just like I at SDP and the other sites I warned. Amazing that I got a hand slap (web forum reprimand) for informing them about Ron. I guess ignorance is bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did. Yes, you did. I know I feel better about at least having tried to warn them and spare them the guilt/pain...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well for what it's worth, I personally have to say that I don't think that you are Ron/Jake/Who-the-fuck-ever.

    I also don't think that the majority of people think that you are either. I can also understand why you felt compelled to put this information out there.

    With that said, I think it is kinda ridiculous that someone would reprimand you for trying to give them information. If anything, I think the people that were skeptical of whether or not you were Ron/Jake just did not want to get fooled again. It's guess it's kinda the thought that if someone is fucked up enough to pretend to be a person on the internet that he's not and fucked up enough to stage his own suicide that he might be fucked up enough to expose his own lies just to elicit even more attention...If Ron/Jake got X amount of attention by pretending to be this person, he'll get even MORE attention by pretending to out Ron/Jake.

    Anyway, no one likes to admit that they've been fooled - including me. I admit that I believed a lot of what he told me. So if I had to guess, I would assume that is why you are seeing some hostility from different places. But I do think that it is a good thing passing the information along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To quote StinkyPickle

    "For all we know he could be sitting at home reading all these posts, happy as can be that people are talking about him still."

    I can 99% guarantee you he is reading all of these posts. I can 100% guarantee you that the person writing this blog is NOT ron.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah you are probably right. I'm sure he is keeping a very close eye on this blog and all of the forums that are discussing it. I'm sure he is really enjoying the idea that he is the topic of coversation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing this information, you saved my far too open heart from being hurt and used by this guy. "Jake" misled me with the same heartbreaking stories I've read in the various posts here. He was going to be starting a new life in the state I reside, in February 2009. I can only presume he never made it, as I haven’t heard from him in over 2 weeks. I'm one of those trusting people, that can't comprehend why people intentionally deceive total strangers let alone friends and loved ones. So thank you for opening my eyes and making me a little less naive, and regrettably a lot less trusting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know who Ron is. I went to high school with him and he was full of shit even back then. I also know that as of at least last December he moved back here to Orange County. I've seen him a few times bartending at the Spoons by the Orange Mall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I knew Ron/Jake for a short time and can verify this guy is nothing... The stories he told about his military service never rang true, even when he cried telling them. If he has left Texas I am grateful as this is where most of my friends live but I feel sorry for the state that inherits him. And if he left Texas it is because the law is closing in on him again.

    Ron/Jake; if you are reading these posts, and I'm sure you are, come back to Texas, let me know via a post here, and we'll settle some unfinished business between us.

    Whomever is keeping this blog, thanks, I’ll be watching for my boy to show up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete